· SEWA Team Darts
    · Halex Envy
    · Blade 4
    · Laro Carbon Shaft
    · SightRight
    · Fit Flight soft tips
    · Fit shafts/Flights

Refuel
    Designed by yours truly. Made by the best! These are the darts I've played with since 2005!

Team SEWA :: View topic - Practicing for Soft Tip...
     Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Practicing for Soft Tip...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Team SEWA Forum Index -> Practice, Strategy & Technique
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Practicing for Soft Tip... Reply with quote

So lately I've been working on my game as I'm playing again, though this time electronic / soft tip darts which I haven't done since the late 80's.

What I'm doing now is practicing only CCU and 50@bulls and since our format is basically a few 01 games followed by a few cricket games I'm alternating the two practices after a few of each.

Seems to be working as my scores in those two games are improving and since the main object in electronic 01 games seems to be to keep the average up by hitting the bull (since it's worth 50 points for the whole thing) and then hitting the out with whatever combo works (doubles, singles, triples, doesn't matter since it's not double out).

I suppose adding RTW wouldn't hurt as it forces you to hit the singles too in order to score well (or all trips but the point it to hit the wedge).

Thoughts?
    ducks
    Dart Gunny
    Dart Gunny

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Black Belt Game is a little different on a soft tip board with the wide doubles. So is Bob's 27. Ha, ha.

Yeah, soft tip master out presents a lot of different ways of finishing games. Fat bull and Triple finishes are important. Instead of using the SEWA games, I'll often practice soft tip with routines like the ones below.

2 Darts in Hand
    With these two darts in hand combos I'll shoot until I hit each one. Not too hard.
    routine 1) T20 B, T19 B, etc. down to the last logical one.
    routine 2) D20 B, D19 B, etc.
    routine 3) S20 B, S19 B, etc.

Of course you can shoot these two darts in hand combos using 3 darts in hand and try to clean up a missed two dart out with the third dart

3 Darts in Hand
    The three dart combos are much harder for me, so if I miss a combo say 5 times, I'll move onto the next number. My pain threshold is about 5 tries. A good player shouldn't have too much trouble nailing these combos. I'm not good.

routine 1) B B T20, B B T19, etc. down to the last logical one
    routine 2) B B D20, B B D19, etc.
    routine 3) B S20 B, B S19 B, etc...

You can mix up all these routines by shooting at T or D either first or second.
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    Team SEWA Forum Index -> Practice, Strategy & Technique All times are GMT - 7 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: